The Spanish Researchers in Australia – Pacific is a non for profit organisation. The main objectives of the Association are to assist Spanish Researchers working in the Asia-Pacific region and promote networking and collaboration, assist Australian research institutes and universities understand the Spanish university system and to assist Asia-Pacific researchers to participate in the Spanish Research system.
The Association was created 2 years ago with the assistance and support of the Spanish Embassy in Australia, the Cervantes Institute in Australia and the Fundación Consejo España-Australia. The Association currently has 45 researchers working in 15 major universities and research centres across Asia-Pacific.
The Association has direct links with:
- The Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) is a non-profit entity belonging to the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
- Acción Cultural Española (AC/E) is a public institution whose purpose is to further and promote Spain’s culture and heritage within and beyond its borders.
- NSW Chief Scientist
- Spanish Embassy in Australia, Canberra
- Fundacion Consejo España-Australia
- Australian Embassy in Madrid
- Fundación Ramón Areces
The Association collaborates closely with:
- Governmental agencies in Spain
- Other Spanish Researchers abroad associations (Federation)
- Other associations of European Researchers in Australia-Pacific
- European Commission, Council and Parliament
- Spanish companies in Australia and Australian companies in Spain